May 24, 2013

Organizing Scraps


Today I'm feeling ambitious. I've decided to cut most of my scraps, shown in the large bin, into 2-1/2" squares as shown in the little bin. Any large pieces I will keep as is. I might even cut some scraps into 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangles. After I finish the job I'm sure I'll feel a bit more organized. Now all I have to do is decide how to use the squares creatively. If you have any ideas please share them with me and my friends. If I do anything with them I'll be sure to post a picture.
Thanks for visiting.
Joan

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! My overflowing scrap bins could use some organization like that.

    I personally love half-square triangles, but 2-1/2" squares might be kind of small for that. A friend of mine made a fun quilt by sewing triangles to larger white backgrounds squares using the snowball block method (where you use a small square and trim). Except she only sewed them to one corner and then turned the large square on point so the small triangles were floating. She did it with random sizes of small squares but it still be nice with all the same size.

    ReplyDelete